Tuesday, November 9, 2010

PARIS

I just have to say that Paris is one of the most amazing places in the world and I was able to go this past weekend!  The city is truly beautiful and it had a lot of similarities to the U.S.  Fall time in Paris seems more like home because of the way the highways are made and the orange color of the leaves on the trees.  The weather was colder than Spain, around 55 degrees, and it rained all day Saturday but I still loved being there.  It literally felt like I was in a dream because it was so surreal.    

We were only there for about 3 days but I would have to say that we saw many of the famous monuments, churches, buildings, etc. in such a short amount of time.  The Eiffel Tower is gorgeous.  I did not know how I felt about it at first.  It did not seem like what I had saw in pictures or movies in the beginning, but once I got to the main side it was wonderful.  The tower was especially pretty at night because it lights up and sparkles.  Among other things we experienced were the Seine River,  Le Lourve, Sacre Coeur, Moulin Rouge, Arc de Triomphe, and Notre Dame.

The fashion is out of this world.  It has all of the major designers of course, but the way the stores are displayed and the lay-out of the stores is a dream.  Furthermore, THE FOOD=delicious.  We ate a lot of pastries such as crepes, croissants, and tarts.  I had pasta, duck, and Thai (i know random, but I had a taste for it).  The Asian food to me is better in the U.S.  Everywhere you look you see a cafe or a restaurant.  Everything just made me feel happy and peaceful.  Next time I want to go to Disneyland-Paris too.  The people were nice, despite what they say, at least in our experience.  Paris was the best trip here in Europe so far.  I will definitely be back, probably right after I graduate.











the metro




our hotel


you can place your order here and get in the express line to pick it up


Eiffel Tower














































































































Hello














Notre Dame



No comments:

Post a Comment